Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Up From the Depths...the Renewal

Well, it's seems it's been forever since my last blog post. In looking back on where I was, and I'm going to try to keep this blog a bit more personal and authentic. No more copying and pasting devotionals that I think are cool...unless they are really special. I'm challenging myself to dig in and create my own devos and journey into the real adventures of Kelli.
So many new and exciting things are happening in the life of Kelli. A new business venture is hatching and I am very excited to see what happens. It's actually to answer a calling on my life. About two years ago, God called me to full time ministry. For the past year I have been going to school working on my degree in Sociology: emphasis Human Services, in order to enrich my skills and understanding in the field of my business. I do not want to divulge too far in to details about the business other than it is to provide a safe haven and positive alternative to partying for teens.
I really have NO idea how it's going to happen, but I trust wholeheartedly that God will iron out all the wrinkles. I have been praying for Him to send the right peole my way. I need an attorney to help me form by-laws; I need an accountant to help with financials; I need go getters to help raise funds. I really just need a lot of love and encouragement right now. It becomes very difficult and overwhelming at times, but thank the Good Lord the excitement makes up for it all!
On another note, I am so super uber thrilled and excited to say that there is a fire within that has been rekindled and has brought me back to life! I once again have the passion and desire to not only know the Lord, but to share Him with the world! I'm sad to say that my pilot had gone out...but I'm back!! I just finished a course in discipleship and am now discipling 3 women. Well, 2 and 1 in the queue. It's funny how just a little time with God can bring you back from the dead and to share that with other women is totally rewarding! Thank You Lord, for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th...1,000th chances!!
Today before my math class, I spent some time in the Word. I read Matthew chapter 7. I believe this passage was meant just for me today. Maybe it was meant for you too?
Matthew 7:7-11
7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and tho one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. 9 Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? 11 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father whi is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!"
God loves us all so much and He wants the best of the best of the best for us. All we have to do is ask Him. Seek Him. Let Him in. What's holding you back?
TTFN~kel

No comments: