Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Great Commission

Crossroad Church has been blessed so much this past year, and I am incredibly thrilled to be a part of it! There is so much growth and healing in our midst and it's very exciting! This year we were blessed to gain David and PJ Yount into our church family! They are incredible sheppards and have introduced our church to an incredible discipling tool. It is a series of 12 lessons that they wrote and published themselves. The series is titled 'How to Grow' and focuses on discipleship of new believers and old believers alike.

I began my own discipleship on 12/2/10 and today, I began descipling my eldest son's girlfriend Meg. She is such a sweet girl and I just love her to death! She was the first that came to mind when I was told I would become a discipler after completing my own series. At first I was hesitant because I feared a conflict of interest with me being her boyfriend's mom, youth leader and friend; however, I could not shake her from my heart and mind. I am so glad I did not pass this up! We had such an amazing lesson today and were able to share so much, so freely with eachother. We laughed, we cried, we got serious...it was everything I hoped it would be and more!

As of this very moment, I am discipling 2 women, and have one that we're just waiting to find a good meeting time. This, I have come to realize, is what this life is all about! This is the great commission! Matthew 28:19-20 says:

 "19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

I am honored and thankful for this wonderful opportunity to do what I was created to do! I love my ladies and look forward to growing relationships and many years to come of faithful service to the One I love most! Thank You sweet Lord, for loving me and allowing me to love You in return! ~Amen

No comments: