Tuesday, March 1, 2011

How Great Is Our God

I know God answers prayer, but it never ceases to amaze me when He answers so quickly! See, two years ago Crossroad Church took a huge hit in losing our youth pastor. Our budget just couldn't afford him any longer, so he was asked to resign. Although that was painful, it was wonderful to sit back and watch God's hands on the entire situation. The youth pastor we had to let go went on to be the head pastor at a local church where he and his children were accepted with loving arms. It's been wonderful to see them recover from what appeared to be a strenuous hardship. God has blessed them and He has blessed their church tremendously! Losing Pastor Kent was an incredible hit for our youth group. It seems that when he left, everybody fell apart and we lost half of our group. It was then that I and the current youth leader were asked to step up and lead the group. What an honor that was for me. It felt like a huge accomplishment that God would finally entrust a group of teens to my care. I've always known, since I was 16, that my calling was with the youth. I never knew to what capacity until a couple years ago, but that is for another story. So, I was asked to be the female youth leader and I JUMPED on it!! I was ecstatic! Thrilled beyond all measure and I am still thrilled to be there.

It has, however, become aparent over the past year or so that the leaders we have in youth right now, including myself, are fillers. We are filling a spot that so desperately needs to be appointed by whoever God really has called to be there. When times get tough and there is a need, people will do what it takes to fill that void, but they are not neccessarily the appointed ones. Our youth group is in dire need of revamping and...well...REVIVAL! We need a leader that is called into the position. The kids deserve to have someone that is readily available to them. At their accesss at all times. Someone that is able to invest time and effort into their lives. A husband/wife team that are working on the same page with the same purpose in mind. I have been praying for God to deliver this man to us, and I believe He is answering my prayers!

Last Wednesday night I was introduced to a precious couple that were interested in the youth. I invited them to come and hang with us and they did! He is a marine that is currently going to seminar with the goal of becoming a youth pastor. He and his amazing wife have a sweet 1 year old baby girl. During our lesson, he asked if he could expound on the lesson and of course I was thrilled to hear what he had to say! As he spoke, I could not help but allow my jaw to hit the floor!! I KNEW!! I knew at that very second that this was the man that God had in plan for us! They said they were going to visit a couple other churches and pray about where God would have them be. They met with Pastor D and today I was told that they felt that God is leading them to us!! HOOORAYYYY!!!

We have a few wrinkles to iron out before they just jump right in, but praise God for answered prayer!!

2 comments:

ThereisHope said...

Praise God indeed!!! God is so good.

Kelli C Butler-De La Torre said...

Thank you for the comment TherisHope. Have a blessed day!