Wednesday, March 2, 2011

He Knows My Name

So I went through a discipleship series with one of my mentors recently, and am now privileged enough to be discipling two other women. There are twelve lessons total and we are currently on the 2nd one. Lesson 2 is about The Word and how to read it and make it apply to your life. It is also about learning Who God is. We need to know His many names, the lesson calls for us to make an A-Z list of the names of God. We also focus on the fact that, not only are we to know His name(s), but He already KNOWS our name(s). Here is a little segment that we write out in our notebooks and I thought it would be nice to share with you.

God Knows My Name: Isaiah 43:1
(I am Family)
"I know your name"
"I am Your God" Isaiah 41:10
"I am in your corner"
"I will strengthen you....(insert your name here)"
Isaiah 40:31 "Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary. They will knock and not faint."
I will take hold of your hand....I will help you."
Isaiah 41:13 "For I am the lord your God, who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you 'Do not fear, I will help you.'"
I must know His name!
Psalm 9:10 "Those who know Your name trust in You."
I must love His name!
Psalm 5:11-12
  • We will be blessed by Him
  •  Surrounded with His shield of love
  •  And therefore, filled with joy
God describes Himself in Exodus 34:5-7

No comments: